Sunday, June 25, 2006

On a lighter note...

I completed my final hotel reservation for my Italy trip this week. What does that mean? It means that all the money I have or ever will have can already be considered "spent."

Two days this week on my way home from work I saw something that made me laugh that special internal laugh I reserve for the supreme ironies (euphemism) and quirks (another euphemism) of American culture.

Wednesday: I saw a sign in front of a pet grooming business that read

Self-serve
Dog
Wash


Thursday: while waiting at a red light, I saw a whole series of SUVs cross the intersection in front of me and the sole occupant (driver, thank goodness) of each and every one of them was sitting in the exact same crook-necked position, talking on their cell phones.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home