Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Memories

Tonight I had the opportunity to attend a going away party for a guy who was my RA 8 years ago in a building I have not been inside in 6 years. The party wasn't really a going away party for me, since in 3 months he is moving in down the street from me, but going back to the building where I lived for two years was cool.
Some things have changed...there is actually a men's bathroom in the lobby now, Smitty Study has been rearranged, the trees over the back walkway are gone, and there is some big structure looming over the front desk now (I was told the name of it, but can't remember). Whatever has changed, McConnell Hall is still not your average college dorm.
I only knew a handful of people at the party by name, and only one of them (besides the guest of honor) even vaguely remembered me (which I expected going in), so I got to spend three hours sitting in Mac Cafe letting the familiar surroundings remind me of things I had forgotten. It's rather fitting that the first person I met after I moved in would also give me my final tour of the building.
Some fantastic things that were recalled to my memory tonight (probably none of you will know what these are, but if you do, make sure you leave a comment...if you don't know and want to, just ask me, I will bore you to death with stories): The Unit Tomato, A Gopher Named Sublimation, Mexican Chicken, Five Nights of Jambalaya, Cunck/Cunk/Chunck, Monkeys in Braums, Happy Butter Pecan Days, The Mighty Rib, The Trefolian Method Solves Everything, Stats??, Perfect Murders and Speeding Tickets, Headless Eagles, The Comfy Couch, Don't Hit the Tiles!, Bad Plays, Megacolon Man, Diet Coke Addicts, Twisted Math Tests, Professors Who Live at the State School, Herding Instincts, Saturdays on the Slope, TTBS, Doc Brown's Children of the Corn, Opera Singers with Big Alarm Clocks.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, yup, clueless. I feel so depreived.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger treeinforest said...

Clueless? That makes two of us...

How about this one: Bleeding Moose Pie.

That one's not from UNT, but it's a great one. ;)

Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon,

Great blog, man! Thanks!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright, I feel more priviledged for knowing that one. Yeah for bleeding moose pie. hahaha, good memories!

Friday, May 19, 2006 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home