Monday, May 1, 2006

Purpose

God put me here. Here in Dallas. Here at my job. Here at my church. Here with my friends. God put me here. I have a purpose. A present purpose and an ultimate purpose, and I don't know what either of them are. How do I learn to trust that He does?

Isn't that such a human perspective? "I need to know my purpose, otherwise how can I accomplish anything meaningful?" And then I remember: nothing I can say or do is meaningful apart from God. Whatever I do for, by, of myself, if it isn't for God, it will blow away like dust. The only meaningful things are the things that will last forever, and those are the things that God sets in place.

All the amazing things that have happened in my life, God has managed to do without and in spite of my help. If I have ever said or done the right thing at the right time, or if I have ever been a blessing to anyone, it has been because of God. What gifts do I have that He has not given me? God, help me to remember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home