Monday, March 5, 2007

One Score and Four Years Ago...

...my mother brought forth on this continent — OK, I'll stop there.

So what did I get myself for my birthday? The new Relient K album, Five Score and Seven Years Ago, of course (and no, my birthday wasn't today). My first thought as it began to play on the CD player in my car: "Man, these speakers sound good." Second thought (about four score and seven seconds later): "These speakers sound really good, but the music is great." Happily, I was stuck in traffic for nearly an hour so I got to listen to the whole thing. That's what I get for venturing out for food.

Over the years my opinion of these guys has steadily grown from thorough-but-mildly-guilty enjoyment to open admiration. Finding this CD in my mailbox tonight almost made up for being sick the five days surrounding my birthday.


[Here's how much I like Relient K: for about five seconds I considered buying the "Bluegrass tribute to Relient K" album, Pickin' on Relient K (see link for samples). Out of respect for my recent illness, I decided against it.]

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger April Lynn said...

Happy Belated B-day!!!! Sorry for missing it on the 1st....

:)

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home