Tuesday, February 20, 2007

100

I was logged into my blog manager a little while ago and noticed that I had 99 posts. I decided to round it off to an even 100 by revealing a little known fact about myself: I am prohibited by the FDA from donating blood. Why, you ask? Well, apparently I am more likely than the average donor to be a carrier of New Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.


Yes, you heard right: I might have Mad Cow disease. For the record, I find your "Ohhhhhhh" of sudden clarity rather insulting.


["The FDA 'Guidance for Industry,' issued in August 1999 requires U.S. blood banks to turn away all donors who have spent a cumulative total of six months or more in the United Kingdom during the period from Jan. 1, 1980 through Dec. 31, 1996." - from here]

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mickyann said...

had any unusual boughts of insanity lately?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:58:00 AM  
Blogger treeinforest said...

Every day.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:50:00 AM  
Blogger April Lynn said...

"Ahhhhhhhh"
Figured that was much preferred to "Ohhhhhh"

Well, that was quite the factoid my friend!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought insanity was hereditary love mom

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home