Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Joy of Cat-ship, Part 2

My first thought upon waking on Saturday morning at 6:45 AM was not, "Why is the shower curtain rod no longer attached to the bathroom wall?" Rather it was, "Perhaps if I roll over my cats will stop head-butting me in the face." (Idealistic strategies like this are why I always lose at chess.) Nor did thoughts of the shower curtain cross my mind when I awoke again at 8:00 AM, being replaced instead by, "Perhaps if I feed them, they will stop head-butting me in the face." When I awoke (or, more accurately, gave up any hope of head-butt-free repose) a third and final time at 11:00 AM, I was concerned only with defending my hand-to-mouth dry cereal breakfast against the ravages of feline gluttony. Thoughts of the shower curtain finally crossed my mind at 11:30 AM when, upon entering the bathroom, I noticed there was far more blocking my view of the floor than normal and far less blocking my view of the tub.

My fifth or sixth thought of the day finally came at 12:30 PM: "How did they unlatch the bathroom door?"

[What you should be asking yourself at this point is, "How does the vomiting of a cat wake him up, and the to-floor crashing of a metal shower curtain rod not?"]

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger xate said...

you should turn this into "the joy of cat-shup"
with that and grilled, i am sure they are delightful creatures.


























[this being, of course, just a joke]

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If your cats are like mine, then you have, most likely, gotten used to the sounds of things "crashing" at night and not (yet) gotten used to the sounds of a cat hacking up a lovely, smelly, carpet ruining (Oxyclean helps!), hairball.

Maybe you should take a picture of a hairball and call it "Ode to Cats"

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger treeinforest said...

The sight of what usually accompanies the arrival of a hairball would probably drive away my already meager readership...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 3:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home