Sunday, February 25, 2007

Everything's bigger in Texas...

...except the parking spaces. What's with Texans and their trucks? They pay real estate prices to buy them by the acre, and then try to park them like Minis. I had to climb into my car from the passenger side tonight and back out slowly to make sure my mirror didn't scrape up the side of the truck squeezed in next to me.

On a different topic, here's a quote I read tonight; I'm going to have to think about it a while longer to decide if I completely agree:

"I'm sick to death of this idea that friendship is work, that it's some grand project that comes together over months or years or decades. Knowing someone for a long time doesn't mean you're their friend, and meeting someone for the first time doesn't mean you aren't. Everything is work for us. Everything is a process. We're a sad, sick, demented people, you know that? We could stand to improve."
- From Bloom, by Wil McCarthy

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mickyann said...

You should check out the parking spaces in South Asia...wait, what parking spaces? I guess it would be rather difficult to park a 250 Dodge ram on the side of the road next to a cart pulled by two water buffalo.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/mickyann/100_0741.jpg

as for the quote...I think friendships do take work. That is, if you want to have a healthy friendship. For some people its more work than others, I guess. ;-) Like especially now, I have to work pretty hard to keep up with friendships a million miles away.

Monday, February 26, 2007 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As the owner of such a truck...and a Texas resident, I can only say the following:

haha!

(you should try parking one in these tight spaces!)

Thursday, March 01, 2007 6:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home