Friday, November 9, 2007

Illegal Proceedings

From a Swiffer commercial:
Woman on the witness stand: "I came in and the evidence was all over the floor."

Prosecutor: "Could you please point to the defendant?"

Woman: "He's right over there."
If you don't see the objection coming a courtroom away, ask me later.


I encountered a rather perplexing situation this week. My internet was barely functional for 8 days. (By "barely" I mean that I could get to most sites very, very slowly, except for the sites I actually wanted to get to, which I could not get to at all.) It turns out that part of the problem was my upstairs neighbor, who had attached a splitter to my line and was, to be blunt, pirating my cable. Making this situation even more disappointing was the cross attached to his front door with the word "Believe" written on it.

Here comes the perplexing part: after the cable repairman left, my neighbor put the splitter back on. How do you approach someone who professes to be a Christian and ask them to stop stealing from you again? His excuse: he wanted to watch the game.

Maybe football is evil after all.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Solution: Learn to enjoy football, and invite him over to watch the game so he'll stop pirating your signal.

(of course, that probably won't make him stop, which means you'll have to call the cable company again, and let them tell him to stop... They'll probably do so in a creative, non-profit for him kind of way.)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mickyann said...

I've always known football was of the devil! Just another proof!

Friday, November 16, 2007 6:39:00 AM  
Blogger John Buerger said...

You could also tell him that claiming to be a Christian means that he needs to obey Romans 13:1-7 like everyone else...and pay the consequences for not obeying the government like everyone else, too. Then you could kindly remind him that if he needs it, you could help him submit to the government's rules about such things with a few phone calls. If he thinks such a remark is very unchristian, then he probably isn't one himself...or else should stop claiming to be one, in any case.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home