Friday, May 1, 2009

The Torments of a Somewhat-Blind Man, Episode IV: The Escape

I am now officially moved, though I won't say completely settled. Last Friday, I returned the keys for my old apartment, and tonight I unpacked the last of my boxes. Alright, so I didn't actually unpack them. I'm actually not quite sure what happened. I had three full boxes, then I opened two and took a bunch of stuff out of them, and somehow I ended up with three full boxes still. It's like Elijah and the jar of oil, except with boxes of random junk. I gave up trying to empty them and just piled them in the closet.

As confused as I am though, this month has been much more confusing for the cats. After two weeks of watching everything in sight disappear into a pile of boxes, the actual move was the final straw. At the end of moving day, the cats were among the last few things left in the old apartment, and I think Pete had had enough. I walked into the bedroom to find him hiding behind the only thing he could find: a stack of about ten CD's — he refused to budge. Mason was no better: when I opened their cat carriers in the new apartment, the first thing he did was get out of his carrier and go straight into Pete's.

I am very pleased with my new apartment. In two weeks I have only found one thing about this apartment that is not better than the old apartment, but one of the benefits far outshines all of the others: for the first time in over a decade I can do my laundry without having to go outside. This is the life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Congrats on the new apartment! Are you in the same area? I looked at an apartment in that area, about half a mile away east. I'm planning on moving within a month and half; maybe that area. See ya :)

Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home